How to Prepare
Veal (1 lb.)
Ground beef (2 lbs.)
Pancetta (½ lb.)
Salt (1 ½ tsp.) Pepper (¼ tsp.)
Olive oil (1/3 cup)
Celery (1 cup – chopped)
Wine (1/3 cup – white)
Onion (1 cup – chopped)
Garlic (6 cloves)
Parsley (½ cup – Italian flat)
Butter (¼ cup)
Pasta (2 lbs.)
Cream (1 cup)
San Marzano tomatoes (1 large can – crushed)
- To make soffrito, coat a pan with 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- Add garlic, butter, onion, parsley and celery.
- Cook the ingredients down.
- Add butter until its melted and add white wine.
- Remove the mixture from the pan but keeping the oil in the bottom.
- Add the pancetta and cook until it is brown.
- Remove the cooked pancetta from the pan but keeping the oil in the bottom.
- Add the ground beef and veal and cook until browned.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the pancetta and the soffrito mixture to the meat.
- Add the tomato sauce tot eh mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cream to the sauce. Stir to combine and remove from the heat.
- Drizzle the bowl with olive oil and add the pasta and sauce.
- Top with parmesan cheese and parsley. Enjoy!