How to Prepare
Nutmeg (1/8 tsp.)
Mascarpone cheese (4 oz.)
Asiago cheese (1/3 cup)
Heavy cream (1 cup)
Garlic (1 ½ loves – minced)
Baby spinach (24 – 25 oz.)
Unsalted butter (2 – 3 tbsp.)
Salt (to taste)
Golden onion (¼ cup – diced)
Chicken stock (¼ – ½ cup)
Fresh ground black pepper
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a large, deep pan, put your chicken stock and a splash of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- a. Warm on low.
- In a separate saucepan, place your butter, onion, garlic, and a 1/3 of a cup of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Sautee until the onions start to become translucent.
- Rough chop the spinach into smaller pieces and add to chicken stock.
- Cover for 2 -3 minutes and then remove the cover. Stir.
- Replace the cover and continue to cook on low sitting every 3 -5 minutes until the spinach starts to cook down.
- Once the onions and garlic are translucent, add the saucepan, mascarpone cheese, asiago cheese, cream and nutmeg.
- Continue to heat on low.
- Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Cook until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Once the sauce is thickened and the spinach is cooked down, add the spinach to your cream sauce.
- Cook down for 1 -2 minutes until slightly thickened. Enjoy!