Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
How to Prepare
Basil (2 cups – fresh)
Sun dried tomatoes (8 oz.)
Garlic (2 – 3 cloves)
Pine nuts (1⁄4 cup)
Red pepper ( 1⁄2 )
Salt (1⁄2 tsp.)
Pepper (1⁄2 tsp.)
Parmesan cheese (1⁄2 cup – grated)
- Using a food processor, add in 2 cups of basil leaves and pulse.
- Add in the sun dried tomatoes and pulse.
- Using a garlic press, press the garlic.
- Using the garlic press, press the red pepper.
- Add in the pine nuts and pulse for roughly 30 seconds twice
(possibly 3 times if necessary).
- Using a spatula, scrape the sides and then add in the olive oil
and pulse again.
- Add in the salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Pulse again!
- Place the pesto in a serving dish and create a dent in the top and
pour in some olive oil. Enjoy!