How to Prepare
Yellow cornmeal (~2 cups)
Salt (just a pinch)
Half and half cream
Parmesan cheese (½ cup)
Butter (3 tbsp.)
- Boil 3 parts water for 1 part of cornmeal.
- Mix in the cornmeal.
- When it thickens, add in the butter and cheese.
- Remove from the heat and add a splash of olive oil and cream.
- Crack the fresh pepper and then mix in.
- Let the mixture cool down.
- Fill a frying pan with about a ¼ inch of olive oil and heat it up.
- Using a large melon baller, scoop out mounds of the polenta (about half the size of a baseball) onto a countertop.
- Coat a metal spatula with olive oil, then scoop on ball at a time in the boiling oil, using a baker’s knife to slide them off the spatula.
- When their shape is firm from frying, use the spatula and baker’s knife to flip them over.
- When done frying, place them on a plate.
- Serve with olive oil, parmesan, and a crack of pepper. Enjoy!