Fried Rice Balls with Goat Cheese
How to Prepare
Risotto (5 – 6 cups)
Pancetta (cooked and diced)
Olive oil (for frying)
Seasoned breadcrumbs (for coating)
Mozzarella (fresh and grated)
Goat cheese (fresh)
Prosciutto (cooked and diced)
Flour (for coating)
- Heat the olive oil in a deep saucepan on the stove to 350 degrees.
- Add 4 eggs to your risotto and mix. a. If making a small batch, use a ratio of 1 egg to every 1 ½ cups of risotto.
- Wet your hands with water to prevent the rice mixture from sticking to your hands.
- Form risotto and egg mixture into balls.
- After formed, make a small hole in a ball and add ½ a teaspoon of pancetta and prosciutto, ½ a teaspoon of goat cheese, and ½ a teaspoon of mozzarella.
- Push the filling into the center of the rice ball and from back into a ball form.
- In 3 separate dishes, put flour, seasoned breadcrumbs and 4 eggs (whisked).
- After all the rice balls are formed, place them in flour, followed by the egg wash and then roll into the breadcrumbs.
- Set the rice balls gently into oil cooking them for 3 – 5 minutes while turning and cooking all the way around to a golden brown.
- Serve with a side of your favorite sauce. Enjoy!