How to Prepare
Zucchini (1 lb. / 3 large)
Breadcrumbs (½ cup)
Fresh ground black pepper
Garlic (1 large clove – pressed)
Parmesan cheese (1/3 cup)
Mozzarella cheese (1/3 cup)
White truffle oil (1 tsp.)
Unsalted butter (2 ½ tbsp.)
Onion (¼ cup – finely chopped)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a small pan, add butter, onion, pressed garlic, 1 tablespoon of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and teaspoon truffle oil.
- Turn on low heat and let cool down.
- Remove the top and bottom of zucchini and any blemishes.
- Grate the entire zucchini.
- Strain the zucchini and squeeze to remove the excess water.
- In a large bowl, put the zucchini, eggs, mozzarella, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon of lemon zest, ½ a teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Add onions, garlic and entire contents of the small pan.
- Mix until all the ingredients are full incorporated.
- In a large pan, place a ½ cup of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil and turn heat to low.
- Form the zucchini mixture into small balls.
- Fry each ball for 1 minute, turn and continue to fry.
- Fry each zucchini ball until the entire outside is golden brown.
- Remove for the oil and sprinkle with salt while still hot. Enjoy!