Gorgonzola Cheese Balls with Roasted Walnuts
How to Prepare
Gorgonzola cheese (½ cup)
Ricotta cheese (½ cup)
Mascarpone cheese (½ cup)
Lemon zest (¼ tsp.)
Walnuts (1 cup roasted – chopped)
Nutmeg (1/8 tsp. – freshly ground)
Freshly ground black pepper
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a pan in the oven or on the stove, roast the walnuts.
- Approximately 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the mascarpone, ricotta and gorgonzola cheeses, a pinch of salt, dash of nutmeg, a few cracks of fresh ground pepper, the lemon zest and a tablespoon of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Stir.
- Chop the roasted walnuts up and place them in a bowl.
- Using a small scooper, scoop a ball of the cheese mixture and place it into the bowl of walnuts.
- Scoop the walnuts on to the cheese ball mixture and roll it around until the cheese is completely covered.
- Repeat until the cheese mixture is gone. Enjoy!