Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits
How to Prepare
Flour (2 ½ cups)
Milk (1 ½ cups)
Butter (1 stick)
Baking powder (2 tsp.)
Brown sugar (2 tbsp.)
- Crack 1 egg and place it in a small dish. Mix with a fork.
- Take the other egg and crack it into another small dish.
- 1 egg will be used to make the biscuit, the other will be used later as a coating.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, pour in the flour and the baking powder. Mix together.
- Mix in the dash of nutmeg to the flour mix.
- Add in the brown sugar so it is fully incorporated.
- Add in the egg and the butter. Mix until it’s a sticky dough.
- Mix for approximately 5 minutes.
- Pour the milk into the dough and mix with a wooden spoon.
- If the mixture is too wet, add some flour to it.
- The mix should be dry, but sticky and the butter should not be melted into it.
- Flour a surface and drop the dough on top of the floured surface.
- Roll the dough into an inch thickness.