Homemade Potato Chips
How to Prepare
Garlic (2 cloves – roasted)
Potatoes (5 lbs.)
Rosemary (1 tsp.)
Sea salt (1/4 cups)
Freshly ground black pepper
Peanut or gold olive oil (for frying)
Parmesan cheese (¼ cup – finely grated)
- Preheat the oil to 375 degrees.
- Wash and thinly slice the potatoes.
- Soak the slices for 15 minutes to 1 hour in cold water.
- After they have soaked, strain the water and pat dry.
- Allow for an additional 15 – 20 minutes for the potatoes to air dry.
- In a small bowl, combine your salt, rosemary and roasted garlic.
- Using a fork, break the garlic apart getting the garlic paste from the clove mixed into your salt and rosemary mixture. Then set aside.
- Place the potatoes in hot oil one at a time to prevent them from sticking together and oil splatter.
- Fry potatoes 3 – 5 minutes
- Remove from the oil and set on a wire rack or paper towel. a. While still hot, sprinkle with the salt mixture and some of the finely grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve in a large bowl. Enjoy!