Manicotti Cannelloni Shells (Crepes)
How to Prepare
Flour (4 cups)
Milk (1 ½ -2 cups)
Olive oil (non-extra virgin)
Freshly ground black pepper
Salt (¼ tsp.)
- Crack the eggs and put the fillings in a small dish. Stir with a fork for about a minute.
- In a large glass bowl, pour in the flour, the salt, milk, pepper, the eggs and the olive oil.
- Whisk the mix until it is very thin for about 5 minutes straight.
- You may need to add some more milk to thin it out to reach the appropriate batter consistency.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes once it has thinned out.
- In a frying pan on the stove, paint the bottom of the pan with olive oil.
- Make sure to go up along the sides of the pan.
- Bring the heated pan to the batter and ladle the batter into the pan.
- In a circular motion, spread out the batter so it covers the bottom of the plan and a little bit onto the sides of the pan.
- Place it back on the heat once the pan is coated.
- The edges of the crepe will start to curl in after about 2 minutes and the bottom will start to brown slightly.
- Flip the crepe in the pan.
- The reason is to provide both sides of the crepe with the most possible flavor.
- Let that side brown a little bit.
- Remove from the heat.
- To have the manicotti fully take on its shape, fold the edges in (like a burrito) and place it upside down so the folded edges are on a hard surface. Enjoy!