Scallions Wrapped in Bacon
How to Prepare
Pancetta (1/3 lb.)
Salt (to taste)
Scallions (3 bunches / ~20)
Garlic (2 cloves)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Unsalted butter (2 – 3 tbsp.)
Fresh ground black pepper
- Heat ¼ cup of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil on low in a large cast iron skillet.
- Clean and peel the scallions. Remove the root ends and any extra flesh that comes loose from onion.
- Stack the pancetta and slice in half down the middle.
- Peel and slice the garlic cloves.
- Wrap pancetta around the scallions.
- Any extra pancetta or scallions left over after they are all wrapped, dice into small pieces to flavor your oil.
- Add butter, garlic and leftover scallions and pancetta to your heated pan.
- Heat until lightly browned.
- Lay your scallions in the pan and cook for 6 – 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Flip the scallions over and cook on the other side.
- When both sides are cooked, remove the skillet from the heat and lay the scallions neatly on a plate for serving.
- Drizzle remaining oil over scallions to serve. Enjoy!