World's Best Stuffed Peppers
How to Prepare
Large red peppers (2-4)
Breadcrumbs (3 cups)
Parmesan cheese (1/3 cup)
Basil leaves (6)
Caciocavallo or Mozzarella cheese (1/3 cup)
Ricotta cheese (1/3 cup) Butter (3 tbsp.)
Small tomato (1 – deseeded and sliced)
Cloves of garlic (3 – chopped)
Fresh parsley (chopped)
Fresh rosemary sprig
Prosciutto (3 – slices)
Eggs (3 – large)
Freshly ground black pepper
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add breadcrumbs, eggs, butter, tomato, parsley, lemon zest, prosciutto. shredded cheeses, fresh rosemary, 1 tablespoon of fresh ground pepper, 1/3 cup of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt (more or less to taste)
- Mix well until all the ingredients are incorporated. Then set aside.
- Prep the peppers: if the peppers are large, cut them in half so you will be able to make 2 stuffed peppers out of 1 pepper.
- Deseed peppers – remove the stem from the bottom of the peppers so they sit flat in a pan.
- Place the peppers in a pan and stuff the peppers tightly.
- Cover with foil; bake for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 15 – 20 minutes. Enjoy!