World's Best Stuffed Peppers
How to Prepare
2 – 4 Large red peppers
3 cups of Breadcrumbs
⅓ cup of Parmesan cheese
6 Basil leaves
⅓ cup of Caciocavallo or Mozzarella Cheese
⅓ cup of Ricotta cheese
3 tbsp. of Butter
1 sliced Small tomato
3 chopped Cloves of garlic
Fresh chopped parsley
Fresh rosemary sprig
3 slices of Prosciutto
3 large Eggs
Freshly ground black pepper
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add breadcrumbs, eggs, butter, tomato, parsley, lemon zest, prosciutto. shredded cheeses, fresh rosemary, 1 tablespoon of fresh ground pepper, 1/3 cup of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt (more or less to taste)
- Mix well until all the ingredients are incorporated. Then set aside.
- Prep the peppers: if the peppers are large, cut them in half so you will be able to make 2 stuffed peppers out of 1 pepper.
- Deseed peppers – remove the stem from the bottom of the peppers so they sit flat in a pan.
- Place the peppers in a pan and stuff the peppers tightly.
- Cover with foil; bake for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 15 – 20 minutes.
- Enjoy and Subscribe for more!