World's Best Zucchini Chips
How to Prepare
Zucchini (1 lb.)
Parmesan cheese (½ – ¾ cup – shredded)
Romano cheese (½ – ¾ cup – shredded)
Olive oil (non- extra virgin)
Pink Himalayan salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cut the ends off of the zucchini.
- Slice the zucchini into thin slices (like a chip).
- Not too thin of slices though otherwise they will burn; about 1/8 of an inch per slice.
- Place the zucchini slices into a large bowl and fill it with water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the salt into the zucchini and water. Stir.
- Let the zucchini soak in the salted water for about 45 minutes to draw the salt flavor into the chips.
- Shred the cheeses and mix them together in a dish.
- After 45 minutes, in a cast iron pan, add a little bit of the olive oils (1 – 1 ½ inches) and begin to heat up to about 325 degrees.
- Place the slices into the cast iron pan (groups at a time).
- Fry on one side for about 3 minutes, flip and then fry the other side for about 1 minute (golden browned).
- Remove the slices and evenly place them on a wire rack.
- Immediately sprinkle the cheese mix over the top of the slices.
- Add salt and pepper on top.
- Repeat the process until all the zucchini chips have been fried, cheesed, salted and peppered. Enjoy!