Italian Goombah Cheeseburger
How to Prepare
3 lbs Ground Beef (80/20)
3 large Eggs (whisked)
1 clove Garlic (large)
Arugula (as a topping)
Mozzarella (fresh – sliced)
1 cup Parmesan and Romano Cheese mix
Aioli (50/50 marinara and mayonnaise)
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Slice the loaf of ciabatta into quarters and the slice in half.
- Drizzle the ciabatta with Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Salt and pepper the ciabatta to taste.
- Toast or grill the ciabatta.
- Rub with the garlic clove.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, cheese, eggs, freshly ground black pepper (to taste), 1 tablespoon of salt and a ¼ cup of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Mix until all the ingredients are all incorporated.
- Form the meat and cheese mixture into patties.
- Grill patties on one side and then flip.
- While the second side is grilling, lay 2 slices of fresh mozzarella on each burger.
- Loosely cover with foil so the cheese can melt while the burger is cooking.
- Serve the burger on the toasted ciabatta and top with aioli and arugula.