How to Prepare
Veal (1 ½ lbs.)
Beef stock (1 cup)
Yellow onion (½ – chopped)
Marsala wine (½ cup)
Garlic (1 ½ cloves – chopped)
Flour (2 cups)
Thyme (1 sprig – finely chopped)
Butter (4 tbsp.)
Parsley (4 tbsp.)
Sea salt (2 tbsp.)
Freshly ground black pepper (2 tbsp.)
Rosemary (1 sprig – finely chopped)
Mushrooms (Portobello) (1 ½ – 2 cups – chopped)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- To tenderize the veal, wrap each piece loosely in plastic wrap and place on a butcher’s board or cutting board.
- Tenderize into thin cutlets and unwrap.
- Repeat for each piece.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of pepper into a pan with the flour. Stir together.
- Heat a pan coated in Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the stovetop.
- Add butter.
- Pace the veal in the flour and heavily coat each piece.
- Place in the pan and sear each side until browned.
- When cooked, remove onto a plate and place the plate into the oven.
- Put the garlic and onions into the pan.
- Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the wine to the pan and stir to deglaze.
- Add the beef stock, thyme, rosemary and mushrooms.
- Stir for about 10 minutes to reduce the mixture.
- Remove the veal from the oven and place in the pan.
- Cook each side again.
- Remove the veal onto a serving platter and pour the sauce from the pan over the top.
- Sprinkle parsley on top. Enjoy!