World's Best Meatballs
How to Prepare
2 lbs Lean Ground Beef (80%)
1 lb Ground Veal
1 Onion (large – finely chopped)
1 lb Ground Pork
¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
¼ cup Romano Cheese
4 cloves of Garlic
2 cups of Prepared Sauce
2 cups of Breadcrumbs
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ lb Pancetta
Parsley (for garnish – chopped)
Fresh Black Pepper
- Flavor the breadcrumbs with rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil and salt.
- Mix it well and set aside.
- Mildly heat ¼ cup of olive oil in a pan.
- Add onions and garlic to the olive oil and caramelize at a low heat.
- Add pancetta when the onions are ¾ of the way done and continue to cook.
- Take the onions off the heat and let them cool.
- Mix the beef, veal and pork together.
- Add eggs, cheeses and salt to the mixture followed by the breadcrumbs, fresh black pepper, and olive oil.
- Mix everything together well.
- When the onions stop sizzling, drop in the onions in the meat bowl.
- Mix well so that everything is well incorporated.
- Spin, squish and mix it so that everything kind of marries together in the meat mix.
- Scoop the meat mix with an ice cream scooper and roll it into a ball.
- Repeat to make all of the meatballs.
- Put an 1/8 of an inch of oil in a pan and heat it up.
- Gently lower one meatball at a time into the oil.
- Turn, flip and fry on all sides until golden brown.
- Remove the meatballs form the oil and place them on a rack for the extra oils to drain off.
- Let the meatballs set for a few minutes.
- Spoon a ladle full of sauce at the bottom of a serving dish.
- Arrange the meatballs on top and them spoon the remaining sauce over the meatballs.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve. Enjoy!