Bacon Pancake Dippers
How to Prepare
Flour (2 cups)
Whole Milk (1 1/2 cups)
Baking powder (3 tsp.)
Bacon or Pancetta
Sea salt (just a pinch)
Nutmeg (just a pinch)
Butter (2 tbsp. – melted)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat a cast iron pan on a stovetop.
- Add a splash of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Place the pancetta or bacon into the pan.
- Flip with tongs to cook evenly.
- Once cooked, place the pancetta or bacon on a plate covered with a paper towel and set aside. Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder and nutmeg.
- Stir in butter, milk and then the eggs – be careful not to over mix.
- Let the mixture rest for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Place the pan back on the stove over medium heat.
- Coat the bottom of the pan with butter.
- Place the pancetta or bacon in the batter and coat heavily using tongs.
- Cook as you would panckakes.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top and serve with a cup of maple syrup for dipping. Enjoy!