Italian Style Frittata
How to Prepare
Unsalted butter (3 tbsp.)
Parmesan cheese (1 cup)
Freshly ground black pepper
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Clove of garlic (1 – diced)
Potatoes (2 cups – chopped and cooked)
Mozzarella cheese (1 cup)
Whole milk (1/2 cup)
Onion ( 1/2 – diced)
Baby spinach (chopped)
Pancetta (1/2 lb.)
- Preheat the oven to 30 degrees.
- In a large cast iron pan, put 3 – 4 tablespoons of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil; heat on medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until the onions become translucent and begin to sweat.
- Add garlic and pancetta and cook until the pancetta begins to brown.
- Add butter and allow the butter to slowly melt. Once melted aadd the potatoes to the pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- In a speared large bowl, whisk the eggs then add milk, salt and pepper to the eggs and mix well.
- Add 1 1/2 cup of cheese to the egg mixture.
- Add the chopped spinach to the cast iron pan and stir.
- Add eggs to the pan. Cook for 5 – 10 minutes until the eggs begin to solidify and pull away from the edge of the pan.
- Put in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove from the oven.
- Place the remaining 1/2 cup of the cheese mixture on top of eggs.
- Place under broiler until brown and bubbly. Enjoy!
This recipe serves for 5.