How to Prepare
Chicken (1 ½ lbs.)
Chicken stock (1 cup)
Marsala wine (½ cup)
Flour (1 ½ cups)
Garlic (1 ½ cloves – chopped)
Butter (4 tbsp.)
Rosemary stem (½ – diced)
Thyme (1 ½ sprigs)
Parsley (4 tbsp.)
Freshly ground black pepper
Mushrooms (Portobello) (1 ½ – 2 cups – chopped)
Yellow onion (small) (½ – chopped)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- To tenderize the chicken, wrap each piece loosely in plastic wrap and place in the butcher’s board or cutting board.
- Tenderize into thin cutlets and unwrap.
- Repeat for each piece.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon pepper into a pan with the flour. Stir.
- Heat a pan coated in Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive oil on a stovetop.
- Add butter.
- Place the chicken in the flour and heavily coast each piece.
- Place them in a pan and sear each side until browned.
- When cooked, remove onto a plate and place them into the oven.
- Put the garlic and onions into a pan.
- Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the wine to the pan with the garlic and onions and stir until they are deglazed.
- Add the chicken stock, thyme, rosemary, and mushrooms.
- Stir for about 10 minutes to reduce the mixture.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and place in a pan.
- Cook each side again.
- Remove the chicken onto a serving platter and pour the sauce from the pan over the top. Enjoy!