Crispy Parmesan Chicken Tenders
How to Prepare
Chicken tenders (2 lbs.)
Buttermilk (1 pint)
Italian breadcrumbs (2 cups)
Cornmeal (3 tbsp.)
Cornstarch (3 tbsp.)
Lemon zest (1 ½ tbsp.)
Salt (½ – 1 tsp.)
Black pepper (½ – 1 tsp.)
Parmesan cheese (2 cups – shredded)
Mayonnaise (¾ cup)
Garlic (3 cloves)
Lemon juice (1 whole lemon)
Red pepper (1)
Tomato paste (1 tbsp.)
Olive oil (just a drizzle)
Non-extra virgin olive oil (1 pint)
- Marinade the chicken breasts by putting them in a bowl with the buttermilk.
- Stir and let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- For the breading, pour the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, lemon zest, cornmeal and cornstarch into a bowl. Stir with a fork.
- Add ground pepper over the mixture and stir.
- Set aside at room temperature.
- For the aioli dipping sauce, put the mayonnaise, lemon juice, minced garlic, half the minced red pepper, and the tomato paste in a dish.
- Add about half a teaspoon of black pepper. Stir.
- Let sit for a couple hours while the chicken is marinating.
- After a few hours, take the chicken out of the refrigerator and set aside on a plate.
- Put some salt, black pepper and olive oil on top of the chicken and turn them in the seasoning.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Set the chicken in the refrigerator to marinate again.
- After 30 minutes the chicken will be ready to be breaded.
- Using tongs, put the chicken in the breading to cover them.
- Make sure to press the breading onto the chicken.
- On the stove, have the one-pint of non-extra virgin olive oil set at 375 degrees and ready for the chicken breasts.
- Using tongs, put in about 4 chicken tenders at a time and cook until they are golden brown. Enjoy!