Roasted Chicken with Rosemary
How to Prepare
Chicken (2 whole)
Garlic (3 cloves)
Onion (half an onion)
Lemon (3 – quartered)
Lemon juice (1 ½ – lemons)
Butter (half stick per chicken)
- Brine the chicken with water and salt overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take the chicken, break some of the skin open, put the lemon, onion, butter and garlic underneath the skin.
- Add some salt, pepper, rosemary, and olive oil underneath skin as well.
- Fill the inside of the chicken with salt, pepper, lemons, onion, garlic, butter and rosemary.
- Using string, tie the legs of the chicken.
- Stuff the front of the chicken as well.
- Tuck the chicken wings underneath the body.
- Rub olive oil over the top, salt it and pepper.
- Pour lemon juice into the chicken.
- Top with rosemary.
- Bake the chickens in the oven.
- Bring the temperature up to 400 degrees and cook for 10 -15 minutes. Then bring the temperature down to 350 degrees and cook for an hour and a half.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and plate it. Enjoy!