How to Prepare
Apples (14 – 15)
Butter (2 ½ sticks – melted)
Sugar (1 cup)
Cinnamon (1 tbsp.)
Nutmeg (¼ tsp.)
Flour (2 cups)
Salt (just a pinch)
Unsalted butter (1 ½ sticks)
Cold water (2 tbsp.)
Egg wash (1 egg and some milk)
Sugar (2 cups)
Water (2 cups)
Cinnamon (2 tbsp.)
Nutmeg (1 tsp.)
Vanilla (2 tsp.)
- Cut up the apples.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Take the cut-up apples and place them in a bowl.
- Take the melted butter and pour it over the apple mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- Mix the cinnamon sugar mixture into the apples and stir until the apples are coated.
- On a cookie sheet, take a piece of parchment paper and cover it.
- Add the apples on top of the parchment paper and spread them out evenly.
- Place the apples in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In a food processor, add in flour, salt, butter and water. Mix.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator to set for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle some flour on the countertop, take out the dough cover it with some flour.
- Roll the dough out to approximately a ¼ inch.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough into circles.
- In a saucepan, add in sugar, water, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Place the saucepan on the stove to heat until thick.
- Take the apples out of the oven to cool.
- On the dough, add some egg wash to it.
- Place 4 -5 apples in the middle of the dough and fold it on top.
- Place the dumplings in the oven to brown.
- Place the dumpling on a plate with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, cinnamon sauce and chopped walnuts. Enjoy!