How to Prepare
Flour (1 ½ cups)
Sugar (¼ cup)
Powdered sugar (¼ cup)
Butter (3 tbsp.)
Almonds (1/3 cup)
Almond extract (1 tsp.)
Vanilla (1 tsp.)
Grappa alcohol (2 tbsp.)
Baking powder (2 tsp.)
Lemon zest (1 tsp.)
Orange zest (1 tsp.)
Salt (just a pinch – if using unsalted butter)
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together into a bowl with a strainer to shake out any clumps.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Crack the eggs into a glass dish and mix.
- Add a well to the dry ingredients.
- In the well, add the eggs, butter, almond extract, vanilla extract, grappa, orange zest and the lemon zest.
- Finely chop the almonds and add them to the mix.
- In a cast-iron pan, add about 1 ½ to 2 inches of vegetable oil. Boil.
- Wrap the dough in saran wrap and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough in half and roll it into a log.
- Cut the log into an inch-sized balls.
- Place the fritters in the oil until golden brown and fully cooked inside.
- Place on a baking sheet to cool.
- When the fritters have cooled a little, sprinkle the powdered sugar on top.
- Turn the fritters over and sprinkle the other side with the powdered sugar. Enjoy!