How to Prepare
Blueberries (4 pints)
Piecrust (2 crusts)
Sugar (1 cup)
Lemon juice (2 tbsp.)
Vanilla (1 tsp.)
Cornstarch (1 ½ tbsp.)
Nutmeg (just a pinch)
Butter (3 tbsp.)
Egg wash (1 egg and some milk)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a pan, add the blueberries lemon juice and mix.
- Add in the vanilla. Stir.
- Add in the sugar. Stir.
- Place the pan on the stove to heat for a couple of minutes until the liquid separates.
- Add in the nutmeg and butter. Stir.
- Heat until it starts to bubble.
- Once bubbling, add the cornstarch to the lemon juice and mix until smooth.
- Pour into the blueberries.
- Turn off the heat and let it thicken while cooling for about 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes, take the egg wash to coat the bottom and along the sides of the piecrust.
- Add the blueberries into the piecrust.
- Add the top of the piecrust and cut off any excess.
- Fold both crusts underneath themselves and pinch the top.
- Cut a few slits on the top of the pie for ventilation.
- Add some egg wash to the top of the piecrust and sprinkle some sugar over it.
- Bake in the oven for 45 – 60 minutes.
- Check every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 30 – 40 minutes. Enjoy!