How to Prepare
2 cups Whole Milk
2 cups Heavy Cream
Eggs (10 – 8 whole, 2 yolks)
½ lb Mascarpone Cheese
¾ cup Sugar
¾ cup Brown Sugar
¼ cup Walnuts, Pecans and Almonds (chopped)
1 ½ lbs Bread (baguette – cut up)
1 stick of Butter
2 tsp Vanilla
¼ tsp Nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt the butter and pour almost all of it over the top of the bread.
- Add in almost all of the nuts on top of the bread.
- Without stirring, place the bread in the oven for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 – 6 minutes.
- In a pan, add in the cream, milk, cheese and vanilla.
- Let it sit to dissolve on low heat.
- Once dissolved, pour in the mixed eggs slowly.
- Add in the nutmeg, almost all of the sugar, almost all of the brown sugar and just a pinch of salt.
- Mix them all together and warm it on low heat until it steams.
- After 5 – 6 minutes, stir, the bread and nut mixture.
- Continue cooking.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the nuts, sugar, brown sugar and butter.
- Remove the bread from the oven.
- Add the custard into the bread pan and let it sit for a minute for the bread to absorbs the moisture.
- Sprinkle the topping on top and let it sit for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Lay a piece of foil over the top and place it in the oven to cook for 40 – 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil after 25 – 30 minutes.
- Let it cool for roughly 15 minutes.