How to Prepare
Sugar (1 cup)
Coffee (¼ cup)
Vanilla extract (1 ½ tsp.)
Flour (1 cup)
Walnuts (1 cup) (If desired)
Baking powder (1 tsp.)
Butter (12 tbsp.)
Semi-sweet chocolate (5 oz.)
Unsweetened chocolate (5 oz.)
- Warm some water in a pot on the stove.
- Place a large glass serving bowl on top.
- Add the chocolate to the glass bowl.
- Slowly stir with a spatula to melt it completely.
- In an electric mixer, whip the eggs and sugar for about 3 minutes/ until creamy.
- Add the vanilla, coffee and baking powder.
- Mix on the lowest setting.
- Very slowly add in the flour.
- When the chocolate is creamy, add in the butter. Stir until mixed.
- Remove the chocolate from the stove.
- Pour the chocolate into the egg batter.
- Mix by hand until smooth.
- Fold in the nuts if desired.
- Butter an 8 x 12 pan.
- Line the pan with parchment paper and pour in the batter.
- Spread the batter evenly and bake for 25 minutes.
- Check with a knife to continue cooking if necessary.
- When done, remove from the oven.
- Life the parchment paper with the brownies and cut them into squares.
- Serve plain å la mode. Enjoy!