Chocolate Coffee Caramel Topping Syrup
How to Prepare
Sugar (3 cups)
Salt (just a pinch)
Vanilla (2 tsp.)
Butter (½ stick)
Coffee (1 lb.)
Espresso (1 cup)
Bakers chocolate (bitter) (½ oz. – shaved)
- In a large bowl, add the sugar, chocolate and salt. Mix.
- In a heated pan on the stove, pour in the sugar and chocolate mixture.
- Stir it enough so the chocolate just begins to melt.
- Continuously stir.
- When it’s “done,” the sugar will look “dirty” as the chocolate’s color has mixed in.
- Add in a few cupsful of the espresso and mix it in with the sugar.
- Slowly bring in the sugar from the sides to the liquid espresso.
- Add in more espresso and the vanilla. Stir.
- At this time, you should have around 1 – 2 cups left of espresso.
- Add in remaining espresso while still continuously stirring.
- This mixture should be a complete liquid by now with no clumps.
- Add in the butter. Stir until it melts.
- Drizzle the syrup with some chocolate shavings over some vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!