Chocolate Lava Cake
How to Prepare
Chocolate (6 oz. – semi-sweet)
Cocoa (1 oz.)
Espresso (1 oz.)
Flour (¼ cup + 1 tsp.)
Egg yolks (2)
Butter (½ + 2 tbsp.)
Sugar (1/3 cup)
Brown sugar (1/3 cup)
Vanilla (½ tsp.)
Nutmeg (1/8 tsp.)
Heavy whipping cream (1 cup)
Mascarpone cheese (1 tbsp.)
Powdered sugar (1 ½ tbsp.)
Vanilla (¼ tsp.)
- Rub butter around the insides of serving dishes.
- Add to the buttered dish 1 teaspoon of flour and spread around the inside of that dish.
- Shake off any access flour.
- Melt the chocolate, cocoa, butter and espresso in a glass dish over boiling water.
- While the chocolate mixture is melting, in a mixer, add in the eggs, the 2 egg yolks, sugar, brown sugar vanilla and nutmeg.
- Remove the chocolate and add it slowly to the egg mixture.
- Whisk some flour into the batter.
- Place the batter in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Place the batter into the flour dusted dishes.
- Put the dishes in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the cakes are baking, make the whipped cream.
- Put the cream and sugar in a bowl and whisk together.
- Add in the cheese.
- When the cheese starts to stiffen, add in the vanilla.
- Take the cakes out of the oven and carefully flip them onto plates.
- Wait a few minutes and remove them from the serving dishes.
- Add the whipped cream on top. Enjoy!