How to Prepare
Unsalted butter (8 tbsp.)
Eggs (6) (6 whites, 6 yolks)
Pure vanilla (1 tsp.)
Mascarpone cheese (¼ cup)
Brown sugar (2 tbsp.)
Semi-sweet chocolate (8 oz.)
Espresso (2 tbsp.)
White granulated sugar (2 tbsp.)
- Combine the brown sugar and white sugar in a small bowl.
- Divide that mixture in half (approximately 1/8 cup) and place in 2 small, separate bowls.
- In a double boiler over low heat, slowly melt the chocolate.
- Set aside one small piece of chocolate to garnish with later.
- After the chocolate has melted, add the butter in and stir until it is melted.
- Add in the mascarpone cheese. Stir.
- Add one of sugar mixtures in the small bowl (1/8 cup) into the chocolate mixture.
- Once the chocolate mixture is melted and the sugar is dissolved, remove the chocolate from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Cream the egg yolks with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Beat at a slow sped for 5 – 8 minutes.
- Place in a bowl and set aside.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites for 1- 2 minutes.
- Add about a teaspoon of lemon juice and a tablespoon of sugar to the egg white mixture.
- Fold the egg yolks into the chocolate with a wire whisk.
- Slowly fold in about 1/3 of the egg whites into the chocolate.
- Refrigerate and serve with Cooking Italian with Joe’s Homemade Whipped Cream.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings. Enjoy!