Cinnamon Puff Pastry Twists
How to Prepare
Puff pastry dough (prepared)
Sugar (1 cup)
Cinnamon (1 tbsp.)
Nutmeg (1/8 tsp.)
Unsalted butter (½ cup – melted)
Salt (just a pinch)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Thaw the puffed pastry on parchment paper at room temperature (if frozen).
- Dust a countertop in flour.
- Place the dough on the flour.
- Set the parchment paper aside.
- Lightly flour the top of the dough.
- Lightly flatten with a rolling pin.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and a pinch of salt.
- With a spoon, evenly spread the butter on half of the pastry dough.
- Evenly sprinkle the sugar mix on the buttered side of the dough using a large spoon.
- Roll the uncoated side around the rolling pin.
- Unroll it on top of the sugar and butter coating (like a sandwich).
- Cut the dough into ½ inch wide strips.
- Twist each strip by hand onto the parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the sugar mix onto the twists.
- Place the sheet in the center of the oven as far back as possible.
- Check after about 7 minutes to make sure the twists are cooking evenly.
- Turn if necessary.
- At 15 minutes, remove the twists from the oven.
- Lightly dust with the sugar mix again if desired.
- Let is set before serving. Enjoy!