Fried Almond Fritters
How to Prepare
Flour (1 ½ cups)
Sugar (¼ cup)
Powdered sugar (¼ cup)
Butter (3 tbsp.)
Almonds (1/3 cup)
Almond extract (1 tsp.)
Vanilla (1 tsp.)
Grappa alcohol (2 tbsp.)
Baking powder (2 tsp.)
Lemon zest (1 tsp.)
Orange zest (1 tsp.)
Salt (just a pinch – only if you use unsalted butter)
- Mix the dry ingredients into a bowl with a strainer.
- To avoid clumps.
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Crack the eggs into a glass dish and mix.
- Add a well to the dry ingredients and add the eggs, butter, almond extract, vanilla extract, the grappa alcohol, the orange zest and the lemon zest.
- Finely chop the almonds and add them to the mix.
- In a cast-iron pot, add about a 1 ½ to 2 inches if vegetable oil to boil.
- Wrap the dough in saran wrap and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough in half and roll into a log.
- Cut into about an inch-sized ball.
- Place the fritters in the oil until golden brown and fully cooked inside.
- Place on a baking sheets to cool.
- When they cool down a little, sprinkle the powdered sugar on top.
- Turn the fritters and add a little more powdered sugar. Enjoy!