How to Prepare
Egg yolks (4)
Sugar (¾ cup)
Vanilla extract (2 tsp.)
Unsalted butter (1 stick)
Pastry flour (1 ½ cup – sifted)
Whole milk (½ cup)
Salt (just a pinch)
Baking powder (2 tsp.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- In a stand mixer, add the butter.
- Cream for about 2 minutes.
- While mixing slowly, add the milk, vanilla, and egg yolks.
- Slowly add in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Scoop the batter into cupcake tins with liners filling each spot ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 – 20 minutes and frost with Cooking Italian with Joe’s Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting. Enjoy!