Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
How to Prepare
Heavy cream (2 ½ cups)
Whole milk (1 ½ cups)
Egg yolks (8)
Sugar (1 cup)
Vanilla paste (1 ½ tsp.)
Nutmeg (just a pinch)
Salt (just a pinch)
- Take the egg yolks, half of the sugar and put them into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk them together with the mixer.
- In a saucepan, heat up the cream, milk, the rest of the sugar, a pinch of salt, nutmeg and vanilla. Mix.
- Slowly mix the warm liquid into the egg yolks. Mix well.
- Switch, and slowly the egg mixture into the milk mixture with a whisk.
- Bring the saucepan over to the stove and heat at 180 degrees.
- To stop the cooking process, place the saucepan over the top of an ice bath. Stir.
- Let cool for a few minutes and strain it into an ice cream maker.
- Let the ice cream maker run for roughly 30 minutes. Enjoy!