How to Prepare
Egg whites (6)
Nutmeg (just a pinch)
White sugar (1 ½ cups)
Vanilla (1 tsp.)
Water (¾ cup)
Salt (just a pinch)
- In a large pot, place the sugar and water.
- Turn the heat on low heat and heat for 10 minutes to get to 240 – 245 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, add the egg whites.
- Slowly add the lemon juice, salt, vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Continue whisking until frothy and formed.
- Once the sugar syrup is at 240 degrees, remove it from the heat.
- Turn the mixer to a medium speed.
- Slowly mix the sugar syrup in.
- Once all the sugar syrup is incorporated, turn the mixer to high for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Add some lemon zest at the end of mixing.
- Use in your favorite recipe that calls for meringue. Enjoy!