How to Prepare
Salt (just a pinch)
Vanilla (2 tsp.)
Anise (1 tsp.)
Eggs (3 wholes)
Baking powder (2 tsp.)
Milk (1/3 cup) (if needed)
Sugar (¾ cup)
Butter (½ cup)
Flour (1 ¾ cups)
Powder sugar (to garnish)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
- Take the eggs and mix them.
- Then add them to the bowl.
- Add in the sugar. Mix.
- Slowly add in the butter, anise, and vanilla. Mix.
- Slowly add in the flour. Mix.
- Add in the milk, if needed, and mix until smooth.
- Add in a pinch of salt. Mix.
- Add in the baking powder.
- Using a pizzelle maker, spray some olive oil, non-stick spray.
- Ladle in about a tablespoon of the batter and let it cook.
- Check often to see if they have successfully browned.
- Once golden brown, remove them from the pizzelle maker.
- Place them on a plate and top them off with some powdered sugar. Enjoy!