How to Prepare
Pureed pumpkin (1 ½ cups)
Egg yolks (4)
Heavy cream (1 cup)
Mascarpone cheese (3 tbsp.)
Sugar (½ cup)
Brown sugar (½ cup)
Vanilla (1 tsp.)
Cinnamon (1 tsp.)
Ginger (½ tsp.)
Salt (½ tsp.)
Nutmeg (¼ tsp.)
Allspice (¼ tsp.)
Cooking Italian with Joe’s Pie Crust
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small dish, set aside a small amount of the egg white to use as an egg wash for the crust.
- In a large mixer bowl, mix the whole egg and the 4 yolks at a high speed for 3 minutes or until the eggs are creamy.
- Add the sugar and brown sugar to the egg mix.
- Start mixing at a low speed, then increase the speed higher for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the mascarpone cheese, cinnamon, salt, allspice, nutmeg, ginger and vanilla.
- Mix all of the ingredients together at a low-medium speed for 2 -3 minutes.
- Using a large spatula by hand, add the cream and pumpkin.
- Mix until all the lumps of pumpkin are incorporated.
- Set aside.
- Brush the piecrust with egg wash.
- Pour the pumpkin custard into the piecrust.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature for 350 degrees and bake for an additional 40 minutes, Enjoy!