How to Prepare
Whole milk (6 cups)
Arborio rice (¾ cup)
Sugar (¾ cup)
Salt (¼ tsp.)
Vanilla (1 tsp.)
Egg yolks (2)
Heavy whipping cream (1 cup)
Walnuts and almonds (chopped)
- Mix the milk, rice, half of the sugar, salt, and vanilla in a pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- While the milk is heating up, blend the rest of the sugar into a creamy custard.
- Once the milk mixture has reached a boil reduce the heat and let it simmer with the cover off for 30 – 40 minutes.
- After the milk mixture has thickened, fold in the custard and return to the heat for 5 minutes or until thick again.
- In a cold mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream until it makes a whipped cream.
- Remove the milk and custard mixture from the heat and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Put the whole mixture in a serving dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with chopped nuts, cinnamon, and whipped cream. Enjoy!