How to Prepare
High quality, high fat butter (3 sticks – cubed)
Pastry flour (3 cups)
Powdered sugar (1 cup)
Ground almonds (2/3 cups – raw)
Almond extract (1 tsp.)
Vanilla extract (1 tsp.)
Salt (½ tsp.)
Semi-sweet chocolate (flaked) (for dipping if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and the sugar.
- Slowly mix the butter and sugar until they are creamed together.
- Add in the salt, almond extract and the vanilla extract.
- Turn the mixer up 1 speed and scrape the sides as necessary.
- Slowly add in the flour.
- Once all of the flour is added, turn the speed up and add in the almonds.
- Once all of the ingredients are fully incorporated, turn the mixer off and remove the dough.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Once the dough has rested, remove from the refrigerator and place on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out the dough to ¼ – ½ inch thick.
- Cut out the shapes using cookie cutters of your choice.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and evenly place the dough on the cookie sheets.
- Place the sheets on the middle rack for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- If you desire to dip the cookies in chocolate, melt the flaked semi-sweet chocolate over a double boiler. Enjoy!