Tuscan Baked Apples
How to Prepare
Macintosh apples (large) (4)
Ground walnuts (2 tbsp.)
Ground pecans (2 tbsp.)
Ground pine nuts (2 tbsp.)
Unsalted butter (4 – 5 tbsp.)
Brown sugar (1/3 cup)
Gorgonzola cheese (¼ cup)
Pure vanilla (1 tsp.)
Cooking Italian with Joe’s Whipped Cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Core the apples without going all the way through the bottom.
- Place the cored apples in a large baking or casserole dish.
- Mix the walnuts, pecans, pine nuts, brown sugar, vanilla and butter together.
- In the center of the apples, place a small chunk of gorgonzola cheese, followed by a small mixture of the nuts and sugar mix.
- Continue layering the cheese and nut mixture until the entire apple center is filled.
- Top each apple with a large piece of gorgonzola cheese.
- Drizzle processco over the apples and create a shallow bath in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place the apples in the oven for 45 minutes until the apple skins split.
- Top with Cooking Italian with Joe’s Whipped Cream.
- Sprinkle with nuts and drizzle some sauce from the bottom of the pan. Enjoy!