World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
How to Prepare
Pastry flour (1 ¾ cups)
Vanilla (2 tsp.)
Eggs (3) (1 whole egg, 2 yolks)
Sugar (½ cup)
Brown sugar (dark) (¾ cup)
Nutmeg (¼ tsp.)
Mascarpone cheese (2 tbsp.)
Baking soda (½ tsp.)
Chocolate chips (1 ½ cups)
Baking powder (½ tsp.)
Chopped nuts (optional) (½ cups)
Butter (14 tbsp. – room temperature)
Sea salt or Himalayan pink salt (1 tsp.)
- Cream (whip) the eggs, brown sugar and sugar until the sugar is dissolved (roughly 3 -5 minutes)
- Add in the vanilla.
- Continue to whip.
- In a large bowl, add in the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and the nutmeg.
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Add the cheese and the butter to the egg and sugar mixture.
- Mix for 3 -5 minutes.
- Add that mixture to the eggs and sugar mixture with the flour mixture.
- Stir by hand.
- Let it set for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- And nuts if using them.
- Stir the chips into the batter until they are fully mixed.
- Using scooper, take roughly 3 tablespoons of the batter onto a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Note: they do not need to be molded into balls during this step.
- Place the cookies in the freezer for 30 – 40 minutes.
- After the 30 – 40 minutes, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll the cookie batter into balls using your hands.
- Leave about 2 and a half inches between the cookies.
- Remaining cookie batter can be placed in the refrigerator until the first batch is done baking.
- Place the rolled cookies into the oven on the middle rack.
- Bake for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- At about 7 minutes, turn the cookie tray.
- Take out of the oven and let cool a little. Enjoy!