How to Prepare
1 bottle or liter of EverClear alcohol
1 ½ cups of Organic Honey
2 cups of Sugar
- If the lemons are not dulled/ covered in bees wax for protection, scrub the lemon with a mild abrasive in hot water and a little soap.
- Peel the lemons, but do not pick up the rind (white) of the lemon. Peel just the top layer.
- The peel should be yellow on both sides.
- Place the lemon rinds in a large jar.
- Cut the peeled lemons in half.
- Using a squeezer, squeeze the juice of the lemons into the jar of rinds.
- Be sure not to squeeze any seeds into the jar.
- After all of the juice has been squeeze, pour the whole bottle of alcohol into the jar.
- Seal the jar and shake well.
- For a month (4 weeks), let the limoncello sit.
- Shake daily.
- After the month has gone by, take another jar without a top, place a sheet of cheese cloth over it and tighten it with a rubber band.
- Gently pour the limoncello over the top of the covered jar.
- The cheese cloth will catch the leftover rinds.
- Add in the honey (or sugar).
- Mix the honey and limoncello by shaking.
- The color will change to a browner color if using honey.
- Let that sit for about a week.
- For more room in the freezer later, after a week you can funnel the limoncello into smaller bottles (old wine bottles).
- Move the limoncello to the freezer for a day or 2.
- Enjoy and Subscribe for more!