The Crema Di Limoncello
How to Prepare
Lemons (10 large)
Pure grain alcohol (1 bottle)
Pure filtered honey (1 1/2 cup) OR 2 cups of pure grain sugar
- Start by removing the beeswax layer of the lemons using hot water and a mild abrasive.
- Use a peeler to peel lemon skin to where both sides are yellow and not white.
- Add the lemon skins into a jar.
- Take the peeled lemons, cut them in haldf and add juice to the jar of lemon rinds.
- Add in pure grain alcohol to the jar shake it up, and leave it for a month.
- In a separate jar, cover with a piece of cheesecloth and pour in the lemon rind and alcohol mix.
- Take the lemon rinds in the cheesecloth and squeeze out the remaining juice.
- Add in pure filtered honey (or sugar) to the juice.
- Shake to mix and let it set for a week.
- Place in the freezer for at least a day. Enjoy!