The Crema Di Limoncello
How to Prepare
Heavy cream (4 ½ cups)
EverClear alcohol (pure grain alcohol) (1 bottle/ 1 liter)
Honey (1 ½ cup – organic, filtered) OR sugar (2 cups)
- Start by removing the beeswax layer of the lemons using hot water and a mild abrasive.
- Use a peeler to peel lemon skin to where both sides are yellow and not white (aka: leave the rind)
- Add the lemon skins into a jar.
- Take the peeled lemons, cut them in half and add juice to the jar of lemon rinds.
- Add in pure grain alcohol to the jar, shake it up, and leave it for a month.
- In a separate jar, cover with a piece of cheesecloth and pour in the lemon rind and alcohol mixture.
- Take the lemon rinds in the cheesecloth and squeeze out the remaining juice.
- Add in pure filtered honey (or sugar) and vanilla bean to the juice.
- Shake to mix and let it set for a week.
- Add the heavy cream into the limoncello. Shake well.
- Let the cream di limoncello set for a week.
- For more room in the freezer later, after a week you can funnel the limoncello into smaller bottles (old wine bottles).
- Remove the vanilla bean.
- Move the limoncello to the freezer for a day or 2. Enjoy!