Homemade Pan Pizza
How to Prepare
Pizza dough (large ball)
Prosciutto (4 -5 slices)
Garlic (2 cloves)
Mozzarella (4 – 5 oz. – sliced – fresh)
Thyme (½ tsp.)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 – 450 degrees.
- In a large cast iron pan, place 2 tablespoons of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil and spread it along the edges.
- Add the dough to the pan and stretch it to the edges of the cast iron pan.
- Set aside.
- Slice, de-seed, and dice the tomatoes.
- Put in a saucepan over medium-low heat with 1/3 of a cup of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Add garlic, sliced basil, thyme, and zest from the lemon.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 7 – 8 minutes.
- Slightly mush the tomatoes to improve the texture.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stretch the dough 1 more time and place the sauce over the dough.
- Tear the prosciutto into pieces and place over the sauce.
- Place the mozzarella cheese slices over the prosciutto.
- Put the cast iron pan on high heat (stove) for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and place in the oven for 12 minutes until the crust is brown and the cheese is brown and bubbly. Enjoy!