Italian Sausage Roll
How to Prepare
Large pizza dough
Romano cheese (1 cup)
Mozzarella cheese (2 ½ cups)
Onion (large) (1)
Garlic (4 cloves)
Hot or sweet Italian sausage (1 lb. – browned)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice the onion and garlic.
- Caramelize the onion and garlic in 3 -4 tablespoons of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil for 20 minutes on medium heat (stove).
- Place the pizza stone in the oven to warm for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat after the 15 – 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into a large rectangle.
- Drizzle Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the dough and sprinkle with salt.
- Sprinkle browned sausage on the dough leaving 1 edge as a clean edge.
- Spread the caramelized onions and garlic on top of the sausage.
- Top with mozzarella and Romano cheese.
- Roll gently, but tightly to the clean edge.
- Wet the clean edge with water and press on it to seal.
- Tuck in the sides and place on the pizza stone shaping to the stone to make sure all edges are on the stone.
- Lightly drizzle with Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Bake for 15 – 40 minutes – depending on the size of your sausage roll.
- Larger rolls will take longer.
- Slice and serve with your favorite sauce. Enjoy!