How to Prepare
Pizza dough (large dough)
Sauce (2 cups)
Mozzarella (2 cups – shredded)
Ground sausage (1 lb. – browned)
Salt (to taste)
Fresh ground black pepper
Flour (for dusting)
Parmesan and Romano cheese mix (¾ – 1 cup)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly flour the dough to prevent any sticking.
- Stretch and roll the dough until it is a large rectangle.
- Lightly drizzle Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the dough and spread it across the dough.
- Leave the short edges uncovered with oil to stick together later.
- Lightly salt and pepper the dough.
- Cover the dough with sauce.
- Still be sure to leave the edges clean and uncovered.
- Sprinkle sausage over the dough.
- Add the cheese over the sausage.
- Break up some fresh basil leaves and place them over the cheese.
- Roll the dough and press the dough together to seal.
- Spray a large muffin tray with olive oil spray.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the pizza roll into slices as thick as your muffin tin is deep.
- Put the pizza slices into the muffin tin.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 -6 minutes before removing from the tray.
- Serve with sauce, fresh grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Enjoy!