How to Prepare
Olive oil (½ cup)
Sugar (1 ½ tbsp.)
Salt (1 tbsp.)
Water (warm) (2 cups)
Yeast (2 packets)
White wine (¼ cup)
Cornmeal Flour (unbleached, non- non- enriched, organic) (5 cups)
- Activate yeast: in a medium mixing bowl, stir both packets of yeast into warm water.
- Mix in the sugar.
- Let it then sit for about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, salt and olive oil.
- Add the wine to the flour mixture and mix with a flat-bottomed wooden spoon.
- Make a well in the flour and add in the yeast mixture.
- Mix with the spoon until it’s got an elastic consistency.
- Sprinkle flour on a counter top and work the dough with your hand.
- Make sure it’s not watery by adding flour when necessary.
- Continue to knead until the dough is almost tacky.
- Add some olive oil in a mixing bowl.
- Move the dough to the olive oil covered mixing bowl and move it around until it is covered in the oil.
- Cover the bowl and let it rest at room temperature until it doubles in size.
- Between 2 and 3 hours.
- Cover the mozzarella with saran wrap and strain in a sink.
- Set the oven to 500 degrees.
- Place a pizza stone inside the oven.
- Dust the countertop with flour and place the dough on top.
- Cut it into 3 equal pieces with a baker’s knife.
- Spread each into the desired shape (circular or rectangular).
- Pinch the edges for a crust.
- Push any tears and breaks back together.
- Let it set for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Take out the pizza stone form the oven and dust it with cornmeal (or flour).
- Place the dough on top.
- Spread olive oil on the dough.
- Cover the pizza with sauce.
- Place in the back of the oven for 7 – 10 minutes.
- Cut up the mozzarella into slices.
- Carefully remove the stone and add the mozzarella, basil and spinach.
- Place the pizza back in the oven for 5 – 8 minutes.
- Don’t cook for more than 15 minutes total. Enjoy!