Garlic Parmesan Encrusted Pork Chops
How to Prepare
Bone-In 1 inch thick pork chops (4)
Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (2 cups)
Parmesan cheese (1 cups – shredded)
Cornmeal (1 cup)
Cornstarch (1 cup)
Garlic (4 cloves)
Butter (3 tbsp.)
Whole milk (2 cups)
Thyme (¾ tsp.)
Freshly ground black pepper
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Finley mince the garlic and chop the parsley.
- Set both aside.
- Drizzle the pork chops with Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Work the oil into all sides of the pork chop with your hands.
- Season both sides with thyme, working the thyme into the meat.
- Salt both sides and work it into the meat.
- Generously coat both sides with freshly ground black pepper.
- Set the pork chops aside on a plate to let the seasoning work into the meat and allowing the pork chops to come to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, cornstarch, cornmeal, parmesan cheese, minced garlic, freshly ground black pepper and the majority of the fresh parsley (leaving enough to garnish later).
- In a separate bowl, which the eggs.
- Add milk to the whisked eggs. Stir.
- Dip the pork chops into the egg and milk mixture and then place into the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Press the breadcrumbs into the pork chops making sure to cover both sides.
- In a large cast-iron pan, heat 1/3 of a cup of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil until hot.
- Place the pork chops in the cast-iron pan and sear for 4 minutes on each side until they are golden brown.
- Transfer them to the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven after 20 minutes.
- Place butter in the hot pan with the pork chops to melt.
- Let the butter melt and plate.
- Using the butter and olive oil from the pan, drizzle on top of the pork chops.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!