How to Prepare
NY strip steak (1 ½ – 2 inch thick) (4)
Butter (4 tbsp.)
Pastry flour (3 cups)
Parsley (to garnish)
Thyme (1 tbsp.)
Salt (to taste)
Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil across each steak.
- Rub the oil into each steak on both sides.
- Season the steak with salt, freshly ground black pepper and a sprinkling of thyme on both sides.
- Set aside.
- Put 3 cups of flour, 1 tablespoon of salt, the remaining thyme and 1 tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper into a bowl and mix together.
- Dredge each steak in the flour mixture on all sides.
- In a hot oven-safe pan with about 1/3 of a cup of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sear the steaks for 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove for the pan and place in the preheated oven for 5 minutes (for medium rare).
- 130 – 135 degrees: rare to medium-rare
- 165 – 170 degrees: well done.
- Place the pan back on the stovetop and heat.
- Place the butter in the pan and cook just until the butter is melted.
- Remove, heat and let rest covered under aluminum foil for 5 -7 minutes.
- Serve with Cooking Italian with Joe’s Gorgonzola Butter and fresh parsley. Enjoy!