Tuscan Stuffed Pastry Roll
How to Prepare
Mozzarella (1 lb. – shredded)
Pancetta (½ lb.)
Pizza dough (1 lb.)
Roasted peppers (3)
Red pepper (½)
Olives (¾ cup)
Lemon (1 – zest)
Garlic (4 cloves – minced)
Salt (just a pinch)
Pepper (1 tsp.)
Olive oil (2 tbsp.)
Parmesan cheese (2 cups – shredded)
- Prep the eggplant by cutting the top off and cutting it into cubes.
- In a medium frying pan, add in olive oil, pancetta, salt and pepper. Stir.
- On low to medium heat, let the eggplant and pancetta cook.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Take the roasted peppers and cut into cubes.
- Take the tomatoes, remove the watery insides and cut into cubes.
- Take the garlic and place it in a mincer to mince the 4 gloves.
- Remove the seeds from the red pepper and finely chop it.
- Take the lemon and zest the entire thing.
- After the lemon is zested, cut it in half and save.
- Add the zest, garlic and red pepper to the pancetta and eggplant. a. Stir together and let cook for a few more minutes.
- Move everything over to one side of the pan and juice the other half of the lemon over the empty side of the pan.
- Turn off the heat, and add the hot ingredients to the roasted peppers and tomatoes.
- On a baking sheet, add a piece of parchment paper and pour a little drizzle of olive oil over the top and spread.
- Add the pizza dough on top and spread it out.
- Add vegetables and the cheeses on top.
- Using the parchment paper, roll up the dough.
- Make sure to put the seam-side down so it won’t open.
- Place it in the oven for 15 – 25 minutes.
- Remove once golden brown. Enjoy!