Tuscan Stuffed Pastry Roll
How to Prepare
1 lb Mozzarella (shredded)
½ lb Pancetta
1 lb Pizza Dough
3 Roasted Peppers
½ Red Pepper
¾ cup Olives
1 Lemon (zest)
4 cloves Garlic (minced)
Salt (just a pinch)
1 tsp Pepper
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 cups Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
- Prep the eggplant by cutting the top off and cutting it into cubes.
- In a medium frying pan, add in olive oil, pancetta, salt and pepper. Stir.
- On low to medium heat, let the eggplant and pancetta cook.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Take the roasted peppers and cut into cubes.
- Take the tomatoes, remove the watery insides and cut into cubes.
- Take the garlic and place it in a mincer to mince the 4 gloves.
- Remove the seeds from the red pepper and finely chop it.
- Take the lemon and zest the entire thing.
- After the lemon is zested, cut it in half and save.
- Add the zest, garlic and red pepper to the pancetta and eggplant. a. Stir together and let cook for a few more minutes.
- Move everything over to one side of the pan and juice the other half of the lemon over the empty side of the pan.
- Turn off the heat, and add the hot ingredients to the roasted peppers and tomatoes.
- On a baking sheet, add a piece of parchment paper and pour a little drizzle of olive oil over the top and spread.
- Add the pizza dough on top and spread it out.
- Add vegetables and the cheeses on top.
- Using the parchment paper, roll up the dough.
- Make sure to put the seam-side down so it won’t open.
- Place it in the oven for 15 – 25 minutes.
- Remove once golden brown and enjoy!